Eylanda

Fjarst í eilífðar útsæ
vakir eylendan þín
Far in the eternal yonder sea
your island wakes.

-Stephan Stephansson

I've returned to a dream, a waking dream.

Moving through a vision I've never imagined, yet feels so familiar to my soul.  There is an internal choir singing as I drive.
Arrived at Baer.  I am amazed at the comfort I feel returning-- in stark contrast to the anxiety I experienced in 2011.

The beautiful Island out the window beckons a visit.
The midnight sun begins to set 11:30pm

Staying up watching the land and sky paint itself with the midnight sun.  12:00 am.


Here I am alas, four years later, returning to Eylenda.  I am different now.  The Island is different.  Yet, there is a familiarity, a nostalgia, a joy and a heartbreak all rolled in to a new experience.  I will begin mapping this new terrain.