Eylanda

Fjarst í eilífðar útsæ
vakir eylendan þín
Far in the eternal yonder sea
your island wakes.

-Stephan Stephansson

Repose


12:00am Baer 5/22/15
With all the best intentions, I must relinquish myself from posting to this blog during the rest of my stay here at Baer (this time).  I find the days long, but short in number.  I care about the content of this blog and it's aesthetic. Due to time restraints, I have decided to spend my remaining time in the physical field, collecting materials and making.  When I return to the states I hope to revisit this blog, with a complete presentation of my experience.

Takk! (Thank you)

The sun shed from the south,
the moon's companion,
with its right hand over
the rim of the sky.
The sun did not know
where to seek repose,
the stars did not know
where they could rest,
the moon did not know
what might it had.

Stanza 5. Völuspá (The Prophesy) translated by Bernard Scudder